The MummyMOT® is a specialist postnatal assessment
The MummyMOT® is a specialist postnatal assessment recommended for all women following delivery – whether 6 weeks or many years after. A Mummy MOT® is a specialist postnatal examination for women following both vaginal and C-section deliveries. It will assess how your posture; pelvic floor muscles and stomach muscles are recovering after childbirth. Your MummyMOT® physiotherapist, Steph Keys, will provide you with gentle exercises and treatment to help with your recovery – and get you back on track with your fitness goals.
The aim of the MummyMOT® assessment is to check the current strength of tummy and pelvic floor muscles and surrounding supporting muscles to get you back to normal activity and help prevent any long-term childbirth related complaints
A MummyMOT® includes:
- A post-natal assessment with our specialised health Physiotherapist at Peak Physiotherapy
- An in-depth check of pelvic floor strength, breathing and tummy gap
- An assessment of any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth
- We will also look at scars (from c-sections, perineal scars, or other surgeries) which may be impacting your movement.
- A post-natal recovery programme devised especially for you, your lifestyle and fitness goals
- Tailored and safe post-natal exercises to improve stability, posture, and core strength
The goal of the MummyMOT® is to get you safely back to your normal activity, whether this is caring for you baby pain free, running, gym, yoga, or elite sport!
Here, Maria Elliot, the founder of the MummyMOT®(R) assessment explains the importance What is a Mummy MOT?