Antenatal Pilates is a supportive class specifically designed for expectant mothers, delivered by our Chartered Physiotherapist experienced in women’s health.
The aim of our class is to increase and maintain strength for pregnancy and labour. Our class is designed to reduce the risk of pregnancy related pain by concentrating on the most common problems and areas of weakness in pregnancy.
It can assist with labour, post-natal recovery and provide advice on lifting and managing your new bundle. It also helps with pelvic floor strengthening and post-natal recovery.
Exercise is recommended during pregnancy and demonstrates and delivers benefits for both mother and baby.
The benefits of Antenatal exercise to an expectant mum include:
- helping mother maintain a healthy weight range
- help control maternal blood pressure
- quicker labour
- less intervention at birth
The benefits to baby include:
- less likely to be obese later in life
- more likely to be more active
- has a more efficient heart